Sync Contacts and Calendar with your Blackberry Device using Google Sync
Google Sync lets users manage contacts and calendar from their Google account to their Blackberry device. This allows easy data transfer to keep up-to-date information on a mobile device. If you use Blackberry Backup Extractor to retrieve files from an IPD backup, Google Sync enables you to put contacts and calendar data back to your Blackberry phone with ease. After importing your contacts and calendar to your Google account, syncing it with your Blackberry device is a piece of cake! Here is a simple guide on how to do it.
Download Google Sync
- Go to http://m.google.com/sync using your Blackberry browser.
- Once the page appears, you should see a “Download Google Sync” link. Simply click the scroll wheel or Blackberry menu button to show the options, and select “Get Link”.
- Select “Download” on the download page. It will automatically install the application on your device. Once installed, you should see the Google Sync icon on your home screen.
Sync Google Account
- Open the Google Sync app on your home screen.
- Once you see the login page, put in your full Google email address and password. If the information is valid, it should successfully sign in to your account.
- A welcome screen will appear. If you want to alter the settings, simply click the scroll wheel and select “Options”. Default settings have Calendar and Contacts syncing both enabled.
- Once done, click “Sync Now” at the bottom of the page to start synchronization. The process time depends on the amount of data you have in your Google account. You can run it in the background while you access other apps on your Blackberry.
There you have it, ladies and gentlemen. This should be pretty simple and no sweat! :) If you have any other easy and convenient tips on how to transfer contacts and calendar to a Blackberry device, feel free to share it with us here.