Syncing your Blackberry contacts to your computer with Outlook is pretty neat and easy, especially if you have piles of contacts, both work and personal and you need to find your way through info you have gathered throughout the years. Read our guide on how to sync with BlackBerry Desktop Software.
Syncing contacts makes it easier to organize the data on your BlackBerry
- Connect your Blackberry smartphone to the computer with your USB cable.
- Open BlackBerry Desktop Manager Software and select the "Organizer" tab.
- Choose the Select "Contacts" and in the window, choose whether to sync contacts from the BlackBerry to Outlook, vice versa, or a two-way sync (merge contacts from phone and computer).
- In this case, I will select to merge BlackBerry contacts to Outlook, to avoid my phone being flooded by work contacts. The "Advanced Options" view will let you select contacts to sync, and even select by name, address, email, and many other categories.
- Click "Sync Organizer" and the Desktop Software will sync your BlackBerry and Outlook manager in just a few minutes!
Keep your data safe with a BlackBerry backup! Read it with our BlackBerry Backup Extractor!
If you are using a BlackBerry Exchange Server, make sure you check that wireless sync is NOT activated.
As always, make sure to have a BlackBerry backup handy in case something goes wrong with your device. BlackBerry backups made with BlackBerry Desktop Manager are saved to your computer and can be accessed with the BlackBerry Backup Extractor (we are hoping to have BlackBerry 10 support soon, so keep on your toes!).
If you have extracted your contacts from a BlackBerry backup, you can always import the CSV file to Outlook in a few easy steps.
As of Blackberry Desktop Manager 7.0, the BlackBerry Messenger (BBM) contacts are no longer contained in your BlackBerry backup, but will be restored upon entering your BlackBerry ID.